Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm still not gone

So after what seems like forever, I've come crawling back to this virtual wall that I continue to type my rambling on in hopes of people reading it and commenting, but I suppose now I'm just doing so to hear myself talk.

A lot has happened since the last post, most of which I vaguely remember at this point, so let's just go on with what has happened in the last few weeks or so. I've bought a lot games. More so that I probably should have but when you've got money and nothing to spend it on, it happens. I've picked up almost ten DS games I didn't previously have within the last month and that brings my DS total to a whopping 75 titles or something ridiculous like that. I've only completed one game since my last post, actually I take that back, I've completed a few. I did a "Master Run" on Pokemon Fire Red where I limited myself to using one Pokemon the entire game, which was Wigglytuff that I named Kawaii, which is Japanese for "cute". I also managed to finally finish off Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith for the GBA, highly underrated classic side-scrolling bralwer in my opinion. Other than that, I actually beat a new game I just bought for once, being The Legendary Starfy for the DS. I absolutely loved this game, from beginning to end. It just destroyed me with its cuteness and I couldn't put it down the entire time. Easily one of my favorite platformers, I just wish I could get ahold of the other Japanese games for lower prices.

On the non gaming side of things, summer session II for summer school is starting in a week and I'm afraid I'll be wasting part of my summer doing that. Unfortunate, yes, but "you gotta do what you gotta do". And part of what I "gotta do" is get through with college already. I also have finally found a girl that I genuinely like, on more than just a "friend" level, but sometimes it's just so hard for me to judge these things accordingly. We went to lunch almost three weeks ago and had a great time, ended up talking for almost 4 hours after we got done eating. Not thinking there was any interest coming from her side I left things alone after that. (I guess I should also mention that she now works me at my current employment). So I thought nothing of it other than we would just remain friends, but they day before I left for the cruise I just got back from things felt different. We talked and laughed and had a great time at work just being in each others' company but I of course am quite blind to these things I didn't really think a whole lot of it. I had a fellow co-worker that has talked to her tell me she's interested, but as I said before I'm really bad at picking up these things. I thought all my chances were gone after I left for a cruise last Sunday, but halfway through the cruise she texted me to let me know she now has text messaging.

Days later and me about $50 lighter after I paid for over-seas texting between us, I'm still kind of mixed. She says she has a boyfriend, but I've never seen the guy or her more or less mention him around me at all. But on the other hand, if she wasn't interested in me, she wouldn't have texted me on the cruise, and she wouldn't have continued to talk to me every day since. I wish I could I see what she is thinking because It's driving me crazy. Regardless, we're going to dinner and a movie on Wednesday night, so I guess this will be a great test to see where the waters are between us. It's also late and I doubt that whatever it was I said in the last sentence made any sense.

Anyway, that's about it for this entry, hopefully I'll come back with good news on Thursday. Until next time, everyone stay safe.

Game Count: 455
Highest Single System Count: Nintendo DS (77)

No comments: