Monday, July 20, 2009

Mission Accomplished

So it's been about 2 weeks since my last post and here a new one is. Late night blogging seems to be my thing, given that I don't ramble on too long but I feel like cutting to the chase tonight, so let's get going.

Gaming has been pretty light. I've picked up a few things here and there but nothing too spectacular. Lots of cheap pickups, around $10 or less in most cases, just odds and ends filling up my collection. My actual gaming time has been pretty short as well since I've been so wrapped up in other things going on in my life at the moment. I'm playing through Yoshi's Island off and on, and I can't believe I let myself forget how absolutely brilliant that game is. I've also been playing Earthbound off and on as well since now I've finally got a physical copy of the game to enjoy. In the coming days I'll be starting up Okami finally, as I've had that game for well over a year and have been nagged to death about playing. It's one I've always wanted to sit down and play, and now I think I'm going to do just that.

Outside of gaming, my life has been in a flurry of things over the last two week since my last post. After my initial date with the girl I've been interested in, I was all but convinced that I read her wrong and was wasting my time. Coming home frustrated, I just didn't want to think about anything having to do with her. After talking with a friend about the situation, and him encouraging me to continue to pursue this girl, I swallowed my pride and decided to keep on. Thursday came and went and nothing. Friday a co-worker took me and her to dinner which was awkward at first but things eventually came to fruition. Sitting in the backseat of his car with her on the way back to our own cars, I hadn't felt more nervous in years. We joked about holding hands the entire dinner and finally making a move that I put my arm around her as we sat together and she leaned in to give me more confidence. Fast forward to the next Monday and her making a day trip back home (7 hours round-trip) with me to get my car fixed. Between holding hands all day and sharing a kiss when I dropped her off at home, I hadn't felt more confident about the entire situation. Fast forward to now. After spending every day together between meals, hanging out, working on costumes & going to Schlitterbahn for the day, I can finally call this wonderful girl my girlfriend.

I'll be honest, while our stay at Schlitterbahn for the day this last Wednesday, I thought she was going to be a tough one to crack. We briefly discussed relationships & college and I finally feel I'm ready to get back into a good, healthy relationship while she isn't looking for anything serious. Up until this point, we've just been "dating", but not a couple. Feeling a little defeated, I shook it off because I enjoy doing things so much with her. Go to tonight (Sunday) and things finally came full circle. We headed out for a milkshake at the local ice cream shop about 9 PM and on the way home we make small talk in the car. I say something silly/ridiculous (typical me) and mention that now she's going to tease me about it to which she replies that she will. I ask why would she do this, to which she responds "because you're my boyfriend". I couldn't have been happier to hear those words come from her mouth. 2 weeks of dating and now we are "official". I'm so happy in this relationship and for once I feel like she "fits" in my life. This is truly the happiest I've been in an incredibly long time and I hope our relationship lasts.

But as for now, that's enough blogging. It's late and time for bed, so take care everyone and stay safe.

Game Count: 468
Highest Single System Count: Nintendo DS (78)

No comments: