Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Progress

So tonight's entry will be short. The last few days have been great and our relationship is getting stronger and closer with each passing day. We have a board game night coming up on Thursday with two other couples and we're hoping it goes as successful as the last one did about two weeks ago. Today we spent the day running a few errands, stopping by her old place of work (a bead shop) and then dinner with a friend of mine. We finished off the evening watching Watchmen that came out on DVD & Blu-Ray today, so I'd say it was a good day.

What is particularly special about this day is a small conversation that we shared while being out and about. By some way or another, the conversation of past relationships came about. I talked briefly about my previous 3 relationships I'd had over the last couple years with my most recent being over 3 years ago. Explaining my terrible luck with women and how I never seem to find the right girl for me, she told me about her previous relationships as well. Without getting into too much detail, her luck had been just about the same as mine. After talking for a bit about everything we'd been through with previous relationships, she told me something that made me a little excited and honored at the same time; I was her first kiss. I don't know what it is about it, but hearing that made me feel so incredibly special that words couldn't describe it. This girl makes me so happy I don't really know what to say. Through all her stumbles, self-inflicted injuries, goofiness and clumsiness, she's just so absolutely adorable 100% of the time that I have no clue how she's ended up with me. Maybe it's fate, maybe it was supposed to happen, but only time will tell.

Gaming wise, I finally started Knights in the Nightmare. This is by far the most overwhelming RPG I've played in a very long time, but I've just gotta get a feel for it. Other than that, starting Okami sometime this week is the main game plan, and probably starting up a good old-fashioned turn-based RPG feels like such a good idea right now....so let's see how long that one lasts.

Alas, that'll be it for tonight. Got a day full of spending time with the most wonderful girlfriend I've ever had ahead of me, and I need my sleep. Until next time, stay safe.

Game Count: 469
Highest Single System Count: Nintendo DS (78)

No comments: